There’s definitely something to be said for the validation of strangers. Creepy, could be one way of putting it. Perhaps a tad stalker-ish. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find out whether a restraining order is applicable online. I have put a motion forward to have it addressed at my next town hall meeting.
Of course, I jest.
It’s the awesomest thing ever!
I have been presented with an award. There wasn’t really a red carpet or a ceremony or anything, which is just as well because my gown is at the cleaners). But there is a plaque! See?
The Liebster Blog Award is a completely fictitious but no less awesome award bestowed upon bloggers with less than 200 followers, (why do I feel like I’m one of the unpopular kids all over again), by their fellow bloggers. And I am one of its recipients.
In other words, “You like me. Right now, you like me!” And there is much rejoicing.
There are also rules. This goes against my anarchist upbringing, but I shall make an exception in this case so as not to appear ungrateful.
Here they are:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog. (Seriously, why does the word ‘blog’ need to be spell-checked on a blogging website? Oh, and ‘blogging’ too apparently)Thank you Lora. It’s like Christmas in June. I have perma-smile. Oh, and that truly is a bitchin’ salad dude!
2. Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.Is this to prove that I didn’t just make up this award and give it to myself? Must investigate. In the meantime, follow the underlined word. Follow the underlined word. Follow, follow, follow, follow…you get the point, (and now you’re humming like a munchkin, and if not, you soon will be).
3. Copy and paste the award onto your blog.In case you missed it the first time, only slightly smaller…
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers.Also known as “Send to 5 Other Awesome Bloggers so they Too Can Feel Like the Unpopular Kids”.
5. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving them a comment.Surprise, it’s blog chain mail! You’re welcome.
It was virtually impossible to tell how many followers these bloggers have, (apparently they’re all in the witness protection program and it’s a big secret), but I selected my favourites anyway. So, without further ado, I knight thee (in no particular order) Liebster Blog Award Winners:
idiot-prufs – Clever and sometimes off-the-wall humour that makes me snort, which is not attractive at all.
The Immature Man’s Guide – A hilarious husband and father slash child.
Arc Star Q – I have no idea what the name means, but his posts are always engaging. No, really, you have to provide feedback.
ijkm’s Blog – How can you not love a guy in a Speedo? Ok, well then, he’s extremely funny.
I should give an honourable mention to Lisa’s Rant who also received this award with me. I didn’t want to be redundant and send another one back to her. And then she’d send it back to me, and I’d have to do this all over again. It’s a vicious circle really.
Thanks again to Lora for providing me with something to write about today; I was struggling. Thank you for adding to the pressure of trying to live up to my own mediocrity. And thank you for stalking me and giving me this honour. I truly am
scared grateful. 😉